Grandma's Sunday Roast Chicken

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I tried this recipe and it was a WINNER! (Be sure to read the entire blog for my leftover idea...it was even better.)

6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
4 Tablespoons Grandma's Sunday Roast Seasoning Mix
1 - 10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 soup can of water
1 gallon freezer bag


Place all ingredients inside the gallon freezer bag and squish it all around to get seasoning and soup mixture mixed well.

You can freeze it or cook it now. I made a batch and froze it but when I decided to make it I put the frozen ingredients straight into my crockpot and cooked it on low for the day or on high for 6-8 hours.
When it was nice and tender, I thickened the sauce to make a gravy. I served it with egg noodles and a vegetable would have been wonderful with mashed potatoes!

How did I serve it?
I served mine with egg noodles and corn and thickened the sauce to make gravy. This would also be great with mashed potatoes.

What did I do with my leftovers?
I made a chicken pot pie!
You will need:
  • 2 pie crusts
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • left over corn
  • 1 can whole green beans, drained
  • left over Grandma's Sunday Chicken cut into bite size pieces and sauce

  • Roll one pie crust out onto a pie plate.
  • In a medium bowl combine left over chicken, gravy, corn, green beans, 1 can soup and 1/2 cup of milk.
  • Pour into pie crust.
  • Top the mixture with another pie crust sealing the edges.
  • Cut 4 - 1 inch slits in the top crust.

Cover edge of pie crust with foil, Bake the rest uncovered for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until crust is golden brown.

What else can I make with Grandma's Sunday Roast Seasoning Mix?
Visit my website and search for tons of recipes that use the seasoning Mix....including a pot roast that is to die for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment