Grilled Margarita Chicken Fajitas

Tuesday, February 9, 2010







I MADE THIS!
It's a WINNER in my family!


Label a Gallon Freezer Bag "Margarita Chicken" then fill it with your Chicken, Margarita Mix, and Garlic Lemon Seasoning.

Zip the bag and toss it around!

It's that easy.

If you want to eat it today, let the chicken marinate for about 6 hours.

Or you can freeze it for later. I made this by grilling the chicken on medium/low heat on the grill. I grilled it for 5 minutes, then turned the chicken (not flip) turned it to get grill marks going in a different direction for 3 more minutes. Then I flipped it and did the same to the other side and grilled until juices ran clear. About 15-17 minutes. (I like my chicken on the dry side, so cook to your liking!)

Money Saver Tips:

  • Use a can of chicken broth if you don't have Margarita Drink Mix on hand.
  • Buy Chicken Breast when it's on sale or in bulk and make a few of these for the freezer.

Freezing Tips:

  • Label bags before filling with food.
  • Print your recipes out and keep in a folder for quick cooking references (or just bookmark my blog : )
  • If you know you are going use the Crockpot Method to cook your meals, make sure to store the bags in the "shape" of your crockpot! Have you ever tried to put a square object in a circle peg?
  • I'm a big fan of laying my items flat in the freezer and stacking them high, so I have an area for food I know I'll need to thaw and another area with bags that are squished into a rounder shapes that will go in the crockpot.
How did I serve it?
I sliced the chicken breast into thin strips and served them on the large flour tortillas with refried beans, salsa, lettuce and a side of Zatarain's Yellow Rice.

It was so filling that I had a ton left over!

What did I do with my leftovers?
I used the leftover Margarita Chicken and lettuce to make a Chicken Caesar Salad. It was great for lunch and for dinner.

Too cold to Grill? Try these options: (note...I personally have not tried this yet! But if I ever do, I'll be sure to share the results. If you try it, please share with me!)

Baking Method:

Thaw chicken and marinade. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour all contents from bag into a baking dish, cover and bake for 40 minutes.

Slow Cooker Method:
Cut bag and peel off frozen contents. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.



My favorite yellow rice! It's got a little kick to it but the flavor and rice texture is delicious!
"Zatarain's New Orleans Style Yellow Rice"
To shop Homemade Gourmet visit my website!

0 comments:

Post a Comment